Answered: Your most burning questions about our history
Where our church has been located
Mount Zion Apostolic Church has occupied four locations in Nottingham. We hired two halls – one on Highurst Street, Nottingham, and the second one was St. Paul’s Community Centre, Hyson Green, Nottingham.
We were blessed to purchase a church on Sherbrooke Road, Carrington, Nottingham until we purchased our current church building right in the heart of the Bobbersmill area of Nottingham.
Our present building was formerly the Capitol Cinema opened in 1936, the building continued as a working cinema for five decades before it closed and was converted to The Capitol Bingo Hall and Social Club.
Under the leadership of Pastor Terrence Thompson, the building was purchased, and the first service was held on Sunday 9 September 2001 (Mount Zion Church being referred to then as the Mount Zion Millennium City Church).
The building was awarded Grade-II listed status on 30 November 1995 from English Heritage.
Roe, Ken (2008) Capitol Cinema Los Angeles: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/22609